SKIVT-L September 2003, Week 1

Great early season deal for Banff

Sharon Heller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:05:26 -0400

I just got the following email sent to me from Canadian Mountain
Experience. I thought it was a great deal so I'm posting it here. I have
used CME to book some of my BC trips and have been quite satisfied with
their service. If you are interested in the deal below, let me know and you
can use me as a reference, as this was directed to the CME's current
clients. -Sh

---------------

Ski/Ride Canada's largest ski area for less than $59/day!

(This is a complete package containing, accommodation, lift passes, ground
transportation and more!!)

Dear fellow skier and rider:

 My name is Hugh Tafel. I started skiing over 40 years ago at the age of 2
or 3. I moved to the Canadian Rockies mainly for the skiing over 20 years
ago. Ive been in the ski business since 1991, organizing ski tours and
packages. In 1997 I founded Canadian Mountain Experience to combine my
knowledge of the sport and the areas I have come to love to provide skiers
and riders like you the best in service and value.

 "Canadian Mountain Experience has been a member of the Banff/Lake Louise
Tourism Bureau since 1997. As a tour operator, Canadian Mountain Experience
packages adventure travel for international clients and focuses on the
Canadian Rockies, Alberta and British Columbia. Canadian Mountain
Experience offers a first class product to destination visitors and is
known for a high-level of customer service, excellent packages and custom
itinerary options."

Nicky Thomas

Manager, Market Development

Banff/Lake Louise Tourism Bureau

This is the best deal I have ever put together for serious skiers and
riders.

If you want to get an early jump on the season, this is the deal for you.

In this package, you get 7 nights accommodation at one of this resorts best
located hotels, 5 days unlimited skiing/riding at over 7500 acres of
terrain, coach transfers to and from the airport, plus much more. All for
only $389.

Reserve your spot today by calling; 1-888-867-5448 or email me at:
[log in to unmask] Do it today!

Lift passes alone can cost this much at many of the main resorts in North
America.

How can I offer such a good deal and where is this resort?

Many of you may have already visited it once or twice. I am talking about
Banff/Lake Louise in Canadas Rocky Mountains. Three ski resorts are
attainable from one single ticket, giving you access to over 7500 acres of
terrain. Included FREE with the lift pass are your daily transfers to and
from these areas and your hotel. Famed Whistler/Blackcomb on Canadas west
coast boasts only 7000 acres! You get more skiing and riding possibilities
in Banff for a low, low price. There are many more reason to come to Banff,
which I will tell you later but first let me tell you how we can offer such
a great deal at Canadas largest area.

We went to our key suppliers and asked them to give us their best deal
possible so that we could in turn pass it on to you.

Why would they do that?

The tourism industry has taken some hard hits these past two years. First
there was the 9/11, then the war in Iraq, SARS and lastly one sick cow. Add
it all up and it translated into fewer visitors this past year. The local
industry is hurting and they want to encourage people to come travel. The
bottom line is, my suppliers are keen to get business and that translates
into a great deal for you.

Here are the details of the deal:

1.    7 nights at the Banff International Hotel. This 3.5 star hotel is my
view the best located hotel in Banff. Less than a minutes walk from Banffs
100s of shops, restaurants and bars. You can find more info on the hotel by
going to; www.CmeSki.com/packages/banff.htm.

2.    5 days lift pass. This is the Big Three pass good for skiing at each
of Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Mt. Norquay. Not only is the pass
valid at each of these resorts but included with it is transportation
to/from your hotel. And the shuttle stops off right in front of the hotel.
Both Sunshine and Lake Louise are completing yet more improvements to their
facilities, which means easier terrain access and improved conditions.

3.    Round trip transfer from Calgary International Airport. Not only will
you be transported between Calgary and Banff but we will be at the airport
to greet you upon arrival too. We make sure that you get to your hotel even
if your flight is late. And if your luggage doesnt arrive, we will assist
you in locating it.

4.    National Park Pass. The ski resorts in Banff are located in the
worlds third oldest Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If youve been here
you would understand why this area has been named Best Scenery by Skiing
Magazine. This pass is a very small fee to help maintain it and a
requirement of all visitors.

5.    Package is available from December 4, 2003 to December 11, 2003,

6.    Price is $389 US p.p. based on double occupancy. includes all taxes,
nothing extra.

Call now at 1-888-to-ski-it. Refer to the early deal.

Many would say that December is too early to ski. They obviously dont live
in these mountains.

Banff Lake Louise has the longest most consistent ski season in the world

This is a season that begins in early November and lasts until late May.
Listen. The World Cup of Ski Racing has chosen this area to host the first
races of the season for both the Mens and Ladies Downhill. The first of
these begins November 27. The reason is consistent early season snow.

This is your chance to get a leg up on your buddies to taste early powder
for less than the price of a lift ticket.

By booking this package you save $120 - $300!

Look a package like this at this same hotel during the Christmas rush would
cost you over $700, a difference of over $300. We normally sell this same
package in December for $500. So you still save over $120 by buying this
package.

Only so many rooms available!

But dont wait. The hotel has only given me so many rooms to sell at this
incredible low price and Ive sent this offer to about 2000 of our clients.
Not only that but I have offered this same deal to my wholesale clients as
well. They dont start selling until September. So you only have about 1
week at to get in on this deal before the masses find out about it. For
quickest results, call our reservation number now:

Call now at: 1-888-867-5448

We are currently open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, mountain
time. For those of you on the east coast that is the time zone for Denver
or 2 hours later. So when you get home at 6:00 pm it is still 4:00 here.

Or email us at:

But remember do not delay. I only have access to some 30 rooms and while I
may be able to squeeze some more, I wouldnt count on it.

I hope to welcome you this December because it is going to be a great year.

Happy skiing and riding to you,

By the way, if you cant take advantage of this deal but you know a skiing
or riding enthusiast who could, forward this notice to them. I will accept
replies from friends of our subscription list.

Hugh Tafel Director

Canadian Mountain Experience

www.CanadianMountain.com

Invite to welcome reception with free cocktail and snacks.

P.S. I forgot to tell you that if you take me up on this offer, I will
invite you to a Welcome Reception the first evening. Then besides hearing
about what else you can do in Banff, like snowshoeing, sightseeing, hockey
nights in Calgary, ice-canyon viewing etc. you will receive one free
cocktail and a cracker and cheese plate, absolutely free. Its a little
thank you for booking with us.

Call today at 1-888-to-ski-it (1-888-867-5448) or email me at:

P.S.S. Here is what our customers have had to say about Canadian Mountain
Experience.

"...regarding our recent Canadian Mountain Experience vacation. In one
word - fantastic! Everything you said would happen did! Our package arrived
at our home with the airline tickets, a driver was at the airport...the
accommodations were great...Everything went off without a hitch! You did a
great job...it was a vacation my family will not forget...we will for sure
recommend your company to anyone here who plans to come to Canada!"
Rick, Jodi, Matt, TJ and Mandy Marneris
Orland Park, Illinois

"All the arrangements you made worked out just fine, went like clockwork.
Hope to have the opportunity to use your services next year."
Terry Pate
Grande Prairie, Texas

----

"I believe that you gave good value for money. In addition I got superb and
well judged advice on the holiday...Many thanks for all the help you gave
and the arrangements you made..."
Michael Trevan
London, UK

----

"Thank you very much for the organisation of our honeymoon. Everything went
perfect...we will sure come back."
Inge and Gunther Wielandt
Belgium

----

"...we just had the best time...Couldn't have asked for more! Your service
was exceptional. Thanks...I am sure that we will be calling you again..."
Michelle Ofri
Calgary, Alberta

Hugh Tafel - Director

Canadian Mountain Experience