Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RUSSIANCLUB Home

RUSSIANCLUB  October 2003

RUSSIANCLUB October 2003

Rules are a drag, man

"Kristofer J. Jenson" <[log in to unmask]>

Russian Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:31:11 -0400

We can't have the list going on this way.  As the list moderator (in name, at
least), I feel this is an appropriate time to lay down some general rules about
conduct on the list.

[This is tentative, and we can vote on this at our first official meeting.]

Grounds for a warning:
1. Any reference towards alcohol, drugs, or anything that might damage our
chances of actually making this a real club.

2. This list exists as a general discussion/bulletin board.  Refrain from posts
of "Yeah, I agree" or "When's the party?" and the like.  Our UVM inboxes can
only store 30 megs, and posts like this only eat it up.  Respond directly to
the sender by clicking on that person's name, NOT by pressing "Reply."  If
you're not sure whether or not your post qualifies, ask someone else on the
list first before you send it to the whole list.

Grounds for immediate removal:
1. Any disparaging remarks towards other members (i.e. "What is wrong with you?"
is completely unacceptable).

2. Any racist, sexist or homophobic comments (this hasn't happened yet, but
might as well talk about it before it might).  We have already alienated one
member, we can't have any more.

Three warnings will result in removal from the list.  Please respect these for
the time being until we actually vote on them.

Sooo...if you want to say "I like your rules," "Your rules suck" or anything
else that doesn't really affect anybody else, respond directly to me.  If you
have something you want to discuss with the rest of the group (i.e. other
rules, why you feel certain rules are unfair, etc.), then you can send it to
the rest of the list.

Hope this clears some things up.

Solidarity,

Kris