]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

UVMMENSLACROSSE Home

UVMMENSLACROSSE  October 2003

UVMMENSLACROSSE October 2003

Joe Proud Named Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach at Vermont

"Gordon W.T. Woodworth" <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Mens Lacrosse <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:36:32 -0500

For Immediate Release                                             Contact:
Gordon Woodworth
October 28, 2003
802/656-1110

Proud Named Assistant Coach of Men's Lacrosse at Vermont

BURLINGTON, Vt. - The University of Vermont men's lacrosse program has
named Joe Proud as assistant coach and defensive coordinator. Head coach
Steve Beville made the announcement today.

Proud is a 1995 graduate of Duke University, where he was a four-year
letterwinner and standout defenseman for the Blue Devils. Proud was head
coach at Cal Berkeley from 1997 to 2001 and also served as an assistant
coach at Cornell last season.

"We are very excited to have Joe Proud joining our staff," head coach Steve
Beville said. "He's a quality coach and a quality person, and our
student-athletes are going to benefit greatly from his coaching and
guidance."

The Catamounts open the 2004 season at the Pioneer Classic in Denver, Colo.
On Feb. 28 and 29, 2004. Vermont will play Denver and Air Force in the
tournament, which will bring Beville back to the state where he began his
head-coaching career. The Catamount coach was the head coach at Colorado
College for 10 seasons before coming to Vermont in 1998. He will begin his
sixth season at Vermont in 2004.

--30-

TRANSACTION LINE:
VERMONT - Joe Proud named assistant coach of men's lacrosse.

Gordon W.T. Woodworth
Director of Athletic Communications
University of Vermont
Phone: 802-656-1110
Fax:    802-656-8328
http://www.uvmathletics.com

*****
"You and I must keep making the right choice, doing the right thing, day in
and day out, year after year. Thus we accomplish far more than we suppose
and do more good than we realize."
United States Senator John A. Danaher
*****