LISTSERV Archives

OAKLEDGE Home

OAKLEDGE  December 2003

OAKLEDGE December 2003

Re: back in touch

Carina Driscoll <[log in to unmask]>

Community Service at Oak Ledge Park <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 05:51:13 -0800

Hello everyone,

It's nice to hear from you Paul and Helen.  I was just
thinking about the signage the other day and trying to
recall whether I had read about any requests for
funding on the agendas of the City Council's finance
board.  Let me know if I can be helpful here.

I know I am trying to get outside a lot and enjoy the
snow and I hope everyone else is finding time for the
same luxury!!

Take care,

Carina

--- Paul Bierman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Figured it was time to get back in touch.
>
> Well, it's been quite the fall now winter for me.
> Hope it's been busy
> and exciting for you!
>
> UVM had me teaching two full-on courses, one with
> 160 students and with
> two kids at home, now both mobile, well life was
> busy!  Managed to
> spend 10 days in Washington State at a meeting,
> doing fieldwork, and
> then seeing friends but sure haven't had much
> downtime.
>
> OK...update on Oakledge.  As you know, the end of
> summer history day
> was a BIG success.,  We got loads more images.  Eric
> Butler worked hard
> under NSF and Lintilhac support to organize these
> images and create a
> new web site about the Park.  It's almost done so I
> figured I'd give
> you all the first chance to see it before we take it
> public in a few
> weeks...we'll do a press release again and hope to
> hit the papers..
>
> The URL is  http://www.uvm.edu/oakledge/
>
> There are still a few things missing...including
> quicktimes of the news
> coverage, links to our old page, photo reshots and
> most importantly
> historical newspaper clippings!  I've emailed Tyler
> (our newspaper guy)
> for help...anyone else out there wanna take a day of
> break at UVM and
> help dig out old clippings so that Eric can post
> them to the site?
>
> Please be in touch...write back to the list and tell
> us how things are
> going in your life!
>
> Happy holidays and a good new year to you all.
> Picture of the family
> below, yes..it's ski season again!
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg x-unix-mode=0644;
x-mac-type=4A504547; name=128_2863.jpg