LISTSERV Archives

OAKLEDGE Home

OAKLEDGE  December 2003

OAKLEDGE December 2003

back in touch

Paul Bierman <[log in to unmask]>

Community Service at Oak Ledge Park <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:21:38 -0500

Hi everyone,

Figured it was time to get back in touch.

Well, it's been quite the fall now winter for me. Hope it's been busy
and exciting for you!

UVM had me teaching two full-on courses, one with 160 students and with
two kids at home, now both mobile, well life was busy!  Managed to
spend 10 days in Washington State at a meeting, doing fieldwork, and
then seeing friends but sure haven't had much downtime.

OK...update on Oakledge.  As you know, the end of summer history day
was a BIG success.,  We got loads more images.  Eric Butler worked hard
under NSF and Lintilhac support to organize these images and create a
new web site about the Park.  It's almost done so I figured I'd give
you all the first chance to see it before we take it public in a few
weeks...we'll do a press release again and hope to hit the papers..

The URL is  http://www.uvm.edu/oakledge/

There are still a few things missing...including quicktimes of the news
coverage, links to our old page, photo reshots and most importantly
historical newspaper clippings!  I've emailed Tyler (our newspaper guy)
for help...anyone else out there wanna take a day of break at UVM and
help dig out old clippings so that Eric can post them to the site?

Please be in touch...write back to the list and tell us how things are
going in your life!

Happy holidays and a good new year to you all.  Picture of the family
below, yes..it's ski season again!

Cheers, P.