gone 13Jan - 15 Feb

Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:21:39 -0500

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Greetings atlassers!

I hope you had an enjoyable holiday season!

I will be out of the office from Jan. 14 until Feb. 15. I'll be in
Paraguay, conducting a pilot research project on the winter ecology of
Bobolinks. Ornithologists know almost nothing about the ecology and
potential threats to this declining species during the winter. In fact, we
don't even have a handle on where they forage. So I'm going to attempt, I
repeat, attempt, to find them (for starters).

You will soon receive a mailing with the latest newsletter and a tape to
use for surveying owls and marsh birds, with instructions. If you have
questions, please hold off on emailing me until the middle of February, so
my inbox doesn't fill up while I'm gone. You could also contact
coordinators with any burning questions.

They are still working on the incidental sightings section of the atlas
database, this has been delayed quite a bit due to a federal hiring freeze,
so please bear with us on that. It will probably be ready to go in the next
couple of weeks.

I hope you're all managing to stay warm out there. Wish I could pass on
some of the 105-degree heat I'll be experiencing!

Cheers,
Rosalind

Rosalind Renfrew
Director, VT Breeding Bird Atlas