NOTE: THIS MESSAGE IS BEING DELIVERED TO THE VT-APSE LISTSERV. IF YOU
REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE YOUR RESPONSE WILL GO OUT TO THE ENTIRE VT-APSE
Position #: NEW
Grade: Anticipated 11
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
DIVISION: Community Developmental Services
POSITION: Team Leader
PROGRAM: United Employment Services
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: CDS Division Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Directs the coordination and provision of supported
employment services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Provides supervision, support, and training to UES staff in the delivery of
all aspects of supported employment services including the application of
training management strategies such as vocational assessment, job
development, placement, training, and support. Provides staff
opportunities for professional growth. Manages and reports on program
outcomes and developments. Maintains program budget and administers fiscal
responsibilities in the provision of services. Represents CDS and UES
within the business community and community at large. Oversees and
participates in both program and individual job development. Represents
CDS at the state level in Supported Employment for individuals with
developmental disabilities. Completes records and data necessary for
individual and program success.
Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor employment services
- Promote public relations and community education
- Responsible for the overall quality of supported employment services to
consumers and employers.
- Coordinate Employment services in conjunction with other service
providers, members of the community, and the consumer team.
- Collaborate with county-wide school systems for school to work transition
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff.
- Oversee the development of adequate substitute coverage for direct
- Provide timely assessment, intake, and referral for individuals with DD
who are requesting new or expanded employment services
- Prepare and maintain a working knowledge of technical compliance and
documentation requirements for various funding sources and ensure the
timely and accurate completion of necessary paperwork.
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of community meetings and
- Exercise appropriate oversight of case records and statistical data
required for management information.
- Other duties as assigned to support program activities and success.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in human services field plus two to four years
relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from
which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Experience: Good program planning, administrative, and supervisory skills.
Familiarity with supported employment principles and methodology, relevant
community resources, services and organizations, and relevant government
regulations. Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to
deal effectively and professionally with a wide range of individuals within
and outside the agency. Understanding of and commitment toward the mission,
vision and guiding principles of United Employment Services, CDS and WCMHS.
Additional Requirements: Valid driver's license, excellent driving record,
and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle is required. EOE
Please send cover letter and resume to:
50 Granview Drive
Barre, VT 05641
or call 497-2502
Open date: 1/23/04
Close date: 2/13/04
POSTED INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY