VTLEPS Archives

February 2004

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Grkovich, Alex" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:44:32 -0500
It might be notable to remind everyone that hibernating Nymphalis and
Polygonia (plus a few Vanessa) can be found in among woodpiles, inside
rotten tree stumps, inside tin cans etc. and also inside your garages in
safe protected corners etc. I've found hibernating Mourning Cloaks and
eastern Commas inside both rotten tree stumps and in between chopped and
split sections of our firewood...Occasionally, on a warm winter's afternoon
(particularly in late February and into March), a Mourning Cloak, Compton
Tortoiseshell, or an Anglewing might be observed flying over the snow...I've
witnessed this phenomenon as well...Keep your eyes open...

Alex

CAUTION PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is
intended to be sent only to the stated recipient of the transmission. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that we do not intend to waive
any privilege that might ordinarily be attached to this communication. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this
transmission is therefore prohibited. You are further asked to notify us of
any such error in transmission as soon as possible at the telephone
number/email address shown above. Thank you for your cooperation.