update

Kirsten Lee Bonson <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:50:33 -0500

   Ok, here's the latest:

- James: Blanka told me she emailed you about money for t-shirts. She basically
told me that a loan in usually the best way to pay for them and, although they
would like to see loans payed off before the end of the school year, we can
arrange to pay back the SGA however we want to (which will be great if the
t-shirts are slow in coming).

- Alvin: no, we cannot get funding for the Spring Fest. We can take money out of
our account to spend on tickets, etc. if we want. If you'd like to do that,
please give me a list of the stuff you need and how much each costs and I'll
work it out with Blanka.
   Also, I was told today that the Spring Fest might not be free. Yeah. What
happened is that there is going to be a concert on the green in front of the
library where this Spring Fest is taking place. The concert is only being
hosted by UVM so students who want to see it have to pay (don't ask me how they
are restricting students who don't pay from seeing an outdoor performance in
the middle of campus, but whatever). Unfortunately, it seems like this group
considers the clubs as part of the audience and so every person at a booth has
to pay $10 as well. The SGA agreed with me that this isn't the best arrangement
and they are currently trying to compromise with the performers to see if the
cost can be $10/table or something.
   I think we should continue as planned, but figure out what we want to do if,
come Friday (which is when we need to submit our plan!), the cost is still
$10/person. Should we not even bother? What do you think?
(By the way, the actual Spring Fest isn't until April 24th)

- Lastly: instead of holding the check for the seminar like I asked them to,
Accounting mailed it directly to the dojo. This is fine, as long as it gets
there. I'm going there tonight so I can make sure Sensei got it and knows who
it's for. A reminder to all who are going: please pay $30 before Sat. if
possible. If you absolutely cannot get the money before Sat. we will be
collecting money the day of the seminar, but you will NOT be allowed on the mat
until you pay!

That's all for now, thanks for reading through all this and I'll see you guys on
Thursday!

   ~Kirsten