LISTSERV Archives

CSSA Home

CSSA  March 2004

CSSA March 2004

Re: Forum vs. Email vs. Other

Chris Ruscio <[log in to unmask]>

Computer Science Student Association <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:47:05 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Not willing to let the thread die :) ...

Charlotte and I were talking earlier today. She pointed out that users
have the ability to configure the format of their individual list
memberships... For those who want to limit the number of e-mails received,
the listserv supports multiple subscription types:

Regular - receive messages as they are sent.

Digest - receive a single email on regular intervals containing all the
messages posted since the last digest.

Index - similar to digest however the text of individual messages
are not included. After browsing through the index, messages of interest
can be retrieved from the server.

Each one can be further modified to suit your needs. Go to list.uvm.edu
for more information, log on and click on help...

Anyone who would like help modifying your list settings, send me an email,
[log in to unmask], Don't just reply to this message :) ...

--Chris Ruscio
'Confucius Squirrel'
TechCat (Jr. Doctor)
Webmaster - Comp. Sci. Student's Association
WorkStudy - CTL Digital Media Lab
TA - CS 148
Phone: (802)542-6797
Aim: crusc13