]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCHOOL-IT Home

SCHOOL-IT  March 2004

SCHOOL-IT March 2004

Re: High School use of Educational Technology

Pam Holley <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:09:57 -0500

Immediately the Arts and technology come to mind. At our high school
technology is used heavily in an electronic music lab with composition
software and recording programs, Sonar is the software but they utilize
a Korg Triton keyboard sampler.
Graphic Arts has expanded its curriculum with Photoshop, Macromedia
Fireworks and
Shockwave, Quark and Pagemaker. Video editing with Adobe Premier.
The Media Center uses databases Spectrum Winnebago and SIRS to access
print materials in addition to Internet searches.
Science uses hardware to connect computers with microscopes and probes.
GPS systems are also utilized.
Foreign Language is able to use international communication and
collaboration
over the Internet.
MS Office Suite is natural match for all content areas.
Finally, the VILN offers a tremendous opportunity to share projects and
activities
as well as contacts with experts in the field ( heart surgeons for example).
Most people think of technology in narrow terms as mainly computers etc. but
as
I have listed here, technology has myriad uses and applications.