Font:

LISTSERV Archives

UVMMENSLACROSSE Home

UVMMENSLACROSSE  March 2004

UVMMENSLACROSSE March 2004

Men's Lacrosse: Brown Tops Vermont, 9-8

UVM Sports Information <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Mens Lacrosse <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:58:10 -0500

For Immediate Release                                                                   Contact: Gordon Woodworth
March 6, 2004                                                                                   802/656-1110

Vermont Falls, 9-8, to Brown

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. Ė The University of Vermont menís lacrosse team rallied
from a 7-1 deficit at halftime but ran out of time in a 9-8 loss to Ivy League
power Brown Saturday in Division I non-league game at Skidmore College.

Down by six goals after the first two quarters, Vermont dominated the play in
the second half, outscoring Brown, 7-2, in the final 30 minutes.

Sean Layton (Wilmington, Mass.) had three goals to lead the Catamount attack,
while R.J. Harrison (Columbus, Ohio) had two goals. Austin Humphries (Salem,
Va.), Pete Hein (Greenwood Village, Colo.) and Dan Zwirko (Longmeadow, Mass.)
scored one goal each for Vermont.

Brown is now 2-0 after the win.

Vermont, 0-3, plays at Canisius Tuesday at 3:30pm.

For more information on Catamount Athletics, please check out our website at
http://www.uvmathletics.com.

--30--