]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

UVMSTUDENTS Home

UVMSTUDENTS  March 2004

UVMSTUDENTS March 2004

B-Ball Championship, Battle of the Bands and SGA Elections!

"Joseph G. Thibault" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:05:17 -0500

Hello UVM,
This Tuesday and Wednesday be sure to vote for the SGA Presidential and
Vice-Presidential elections.  You can vote in the Library, polls will be open
from 9AM to 4PM both days.  For information on the candidates please visit
www.uvm.edu/sga.  .

Congratulations to the Men’s Basketball team.  After a great season the Cats
will next defend their title of America East Champions at home in Patrick
Gymnasium at 11:30AM Saturday, March 13th.  Residential Life is working hard in
order to postpone move out for spring break until after the game so that
residential students will still be able to attend the game, I will send a
follow-up as soon as I know.  Tickets are available Tuesday at the Patrick Gym
Ticket Office only; they are on sale from 9AM-430PM for $8.  Each student can
purchase up to 2 tickets; tickets for the general public will go on sale
Wednesday.  Be sure to get your ticket early and support the Cats on their
second consecutive bid for the conference championship.
Prior to the game the Athletics Department will be sponsoring a free Basketball
Brunch and Pep Rally in front of the Patrick Gym starting at 9AM, come early to
get psyched for the game, enjoy music and free food!

Still don't know what to do during Spring Break? The UVM Ski and Snowboard Club
still has spots open for our Whistler/Blackcomb trip March 14-21st. Base price
is $1159 with flights out of Burlington and Boston (flights can be arranged
from any city).
The trip price includes:  Roundtrip airfare from Boston to Vancouver on United
airlines, Roundtrip charter bus from Vancouver to Whistler.  7 nights lodging
at the Cascade Lodge 2 bedroom unit (based on 6 person occupancy).  5 of 6 day
lift ticket good for all lifts at Whistler/Blackcomb.  All taxes and Gratuities
(**Departure tax from Vancouver not included**).  Since spots are now based on
availability, please contact Chris Germain at [log in to unmask] for more
information or to register.

Gotta band?  Want to score a gig and open for a big-name artist?
April 18th will be the Inter Residence Association’s annual Battle of the Bands.
 Register your band by March 25th by emailing your name, band name and contact
information to [log in to unmask]  The winner of will play on stage at Spring Fest
2004; don’t miss out on this great opportunity!

Feel creative?  Here's an outlet for all those energies: Vantage Point.  This
student run literary magazine is looking to showcase your talent in the
upcoming issue.  If you like to write poems, short stories, plays, essays on
life, basically anything that is good and will go on a page, send them to us.
Also, do you draw, paint, do graphic art, cartoons, doodles or anything like
that? If so we would love to see them.  We prefer black and white, but can be
flexible.  To send us stuff, or if you have any questions send them to
[log in to unmask]  The deadline for the issue is April 1, but we would love to
see your work before that!

Alpha Phi Omega, APO (national co-ed service fraternity), will be setting up
donation boxes throughout dorms (and possibly the library) on campus during the
days and evenings on this coming Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  We are
collecting clothing and non-perishable food items that people want to get rid
of as they clean out for spring break.  We'll be donating all the received
items to either Salvation Army or a shelter in the area.  Some locations of
boxes are Trinity campus main desk, L/L fireplace lounge or main desk, Buckham
main desk and many more! If anyone has any questions they can email
[log in to unmask] or call the APO office and leave a message at 656-8811.
Still need a place to live?  Don’t despair!  Visit
http://reslife.uvm.edu/?Page=housing/offcampusresources.html&SM=housing/sm1.html
for information and opportunities to rent in Burlington.

Ticked-off to the point that you feel the need to take action?!
Tell us your problems!  Visit the SGA website and utilize a great resource to
let the Student Government know what your concerns are.  Hold the SGA
leadership accountable to its constituents: Students at UVM.  Simply visit the
SGA website @ http://www.uvm.edu/sga and hit the link to “tixmeoff” on the left
hand side of the page, take a minute to fill it out and send your concerns to
the SGA.

For a complete list of events on or near campus check out
http://www.uvm.edu/bored

Here are a few interesting links:
http://www.uvm.edu/~sgaclubs
Check out the only comprehensive list of SGA Recognized Clubs on campus; be sure
to see the list of events that our clubs are sponsoring this semester.

http://www.uvm.edu/police
Report a crime, read about the UVM’s officers or even find a job!

http://www.vermontcynic.com
Be sure to check out UVM’s own newspaper.

http://www.uvm.edu/~outside/
Utilize your membership in the UVM Outing Club, the BIGGEST club on campus!

Enjoy your spring break and be sure to have a safe and responsible time.
Cheers,

Joseph Thibault
SGA President