Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  April 2004

AIKIDO April 2004

Financial News

"James S. McNeill-Jr" <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:55:14 -0400

The last day for ordering t-shirts will be this Thursday, 4/22.  I plan on
having the shirts made at the beginning of next week.

There was a great deal of confusion about the message I sent out last week about
the club's financial problem.  Here is a clarification.

1.  A number of members gave $10 in February.  This money was needed by March
1st in order to fulfill an SGA fundraising requirement.  I had hoped to have
each member's contribution act as a downpayment on the purchase of a t-shirt.

2.  There was a miscommunication between SGA and Kirsten(our treasurer)
regarding the amount of funds allowed for us to use to cover seminar
attendance.  At the time Kirsten was told we had enough money for all of the
members, but now SGA is telling us we owe them money.  Therefore, our budget is
negative at this moment.  We are required to balance the budget by the end of
the semester.

3.  The money that was collected in February along with the expected profit from
shirt sales will be close to the amount required to balance our budget.

4.  So, I am proposing that the $10 members gave in February be treated as
membership dues for this past year.  That means that members would have to pay
the full $12 for each t-shirt they order.  In order to be fair I think that
every member be expected to contribute $10 for dues.  Once again, the t-shirt
cost will be separate from the fee for dues.

I think that this is a reasonable request in order to continue to be a
recognized SGA club.  The SGA representatives did not give us any other options
for solving this problem.  I hope that this clarifies the issue.

James McNeill
Aikido Club President