LISTSERV Archives

SLSNR Home

SLSNR  April 2004

SLSNR April 2004

Re: insert

Debra Sachs <[log in to unmask]>

Service Learning in SNR <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:02:40 -0400

Natalia, I took the opportunity to expand your initial draft, added some clarification and turned it into a memo to the City Council. Please make changes for accuracy, etc. Thanks, Deb

MEMORANDUM

TO: Burlington City Council, Staff and Mayor Clavelle
FROM: UVM Service Learning Class
RE: TDM Project, Business Survey results and findings
DATE: April 29, 2004

As concerned citizens and students of the University of Vermont, we are participating in a service learning class project to help the City of Burlington and the region advance transportation solutions for downtown Burlington. Our class is comprised of students from two schools: the School of Business Administration and the School of Natural Resources. The focus of our project is on parking and traffic issues in downtown Burlington. Results and findings (reflect two semesters of work) will be presented. Specific information will be distributed at your meeting.

Working with local and regional transportation planners, the Chittenden County Transportation Authority and CATMA (a transportation management association serving several institutions), our goal is to identify the most suitable transportation demand management (TDM) practices for the area. As part of our project, we conducted a survey of downtown businesses including employer attitudes about parking, transportation behavior of employees, and programs and services they would like to know more about.

Debra L. Sachs, Director
Alliance for Climate Action
585 Pine Street
Burlington, VT 05401