LISTSERV Archives

SLSNR Home

SLSNR  April 2004

SLSNR April 2004

meeting notes

"Alan W. McIntosh" <[log in to unmask]>

Service Learning in SNR <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:44:48 -0400

Good session...some reminders:

1. Pre-council meeting dinner at Three Tomatoes at 6pm Monday May 10.  Partners
cordially invited.  This will be our chance for reflection (and a dry run for
the Council meeting).  Would also like to know what the students thought of the
course.

2. Mary...I'll call the Mayor's office to see exactly when we're on the agenda.
Assume we can set up computer for power point before the meeting begins.  Who
should introduce students at the meeting?  Mary?  Me?  Natalia is going to
circulate an executive summary to be included in the Council members
packets...partners, please review and respond to this.  Partners...should we
also make hard copies of the power point slides to give out to Council
members?

3. A revised draft of the power point, reflecting discussion at tonight's
session, will be circulated. Everyone please review asap as the first
presentation, at the CCMPO meeting, is just a week off.

4. Emily and Michael will take a look at the possibility of producing an 8-11
sheet that could be reproduced and sent to Burlington businesses.  This could
contain web site address, a few links to web sites describing transportation
alternatives, names and contacts for local transportation organizations, etc.
Hopefully we could do it with desktop publisher and run it off on our color
Xerox??

5.  Matt asked about ownership of the web site.  Mary...should be in BED?
elsewhere?

6. As soon as I find out the time slot for the Council presentation, I'll
forward to the list.  If it's ten minutes, Emily, Michael and Matt...you'll
want to go over the presentation together to make sure that it is that long.
Delete info if need be to stick to the limit.

All for now...great work by all.  Thanks again to the partners.