THe money problem

Charlotte Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Choice Coalition <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 4 May 2004 23:19:58 -0400

Christina is right to point out that we must not forget why we started this
co-alition and why we went to DC in the first place.  We all agree that we must
stand up for women's rights and fight to defend access to abortion in this
conutry.  Whatever our dissenting political views may be, this issue we all
agree on and so the money must be used in the best possibly way to strengthen
the movement that we started on campus this semester,  I think we should use
the money to promote showing the film that was shot at the march (WHO DID
THIS??  PLEASE E MAIL ME OFF THE LIST SO WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW BEST TO USE IT,
I KNOW THAT IT WAS HILLARY, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH HILLARY!)or to hold an event
next semester to re-kindle peoples interest around this issue.  To give the
money to whatever organizations is obviously causing disgreement amongst people
in the co-alition and keeping the money for the co-alition is a positive step
toward creating real change as it is grass roots movements like ours that
create real change in society.  Why do we need to keep the money in a bank
account?  Surely there must be a co-alition member who could bank in for the
summer. Give it to me, I'll guard it in my sock drawer!  Maybe we should meet
to discuss this, how is next Monday at 7.30pm, come if you want to discuss
this.

Christina, why don't you e mail me your address and I'll mail that check to you.
 I am no longer in school (yay!!) and so am not in my office much.

Charlotte