SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE May 2004

Re: Cesium-137 in sheep??

maurice bazin <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 May 2004 12:53:05 -0300

I had the same reaction:  Cs 137 is dangerous to humans because its
lifetime is in the range of our lifetime or shorter...       Anyone
knows what the procedure is to detect and measure the level of the
radiation, that is, for instance, does one use a detector that counts
the height of a particular energy line, or?    Could the detector
measure a line of another nucleus that gets labeled Cesium, or what?
  This is when our List makes sense.
Thanks,   Maurice