SKIVT-L May 2004, Week 2

Re: <No subject given>

Tag Gross <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 8 May 2004 21:52:05 -0400

>Except for, maybe, my own safety and security, and those of my kids.<

You honestly believe that the world is safer now? That's scary. After Bush
is re-elected and institutes a new draft will you be sure to send your kids
down from Canada as volunteers?

>The Roman Empire fell....<

What a misunderstanding of history your analysis of this is.

>How dare those Americans soldiers should have tried to scare
some of those captured terrorist assassins into talking or dissuading other
terrorists for the mere goal of saving a few more western lives over the
long haul.<

Let's see we invaded Iraq because.....oh wait never mind let's go to the
latest reason which is something about ending a brutal dictator's reign of
torture and bringing freedom, democracy and human rights to the Iraqi
people. Don't you find it the slightest bit ironic that we are now TORTURING
prisoners in the very same prison that Sadaam used?

I wonder how our soldiers and the other Americans in Iraq feel knowing that
all of them are potential hostages. I wonder what kind of treatment they can
expect now.

>In another vein, how's the new Trade Center construction going?<

It's going fine despite the fact that Bush never actually sent the money he
said he was going to send to aid us and he still hasn't delivered on the
promised funds for any of the local agencies that will actually be
responsible for preventing and responding to another attack.

The good news is that from the Condi hearings and the other information now
available, I can now rest easy in the knowledge that when a non "historical"
PDB (ie: one that says "Bin LAden determined to attack US") arrives on the
Presidents desk with a title such as "Terrorists to attack Empire State
Building at 2:05PM on May 9" that we might have a chance to stop it.

What's amazing is that the guy hasn't been impeached.