]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTLEPS Home

VTLEPS  August 2004

VTLEPS August 2004

FW: [leps-talk] Re: QUEBEC LAURENTIDES II (Redux): NO STRIKEOUT T HIS TIME

"Grkovich, Alex" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:06:53 -0400

> Given the proximity of the upland areas of the Laurentides north of Quebec
> City to Vermont, and the interesting habitat and Lepidoptera (and birds as
> well)  that occur up there, I thought I'd share this report with
> VT-Leps...
>
> As the reader will see, I made a return trip to the Laurentides on Friday
> July 30th...The prime target was the Purple Lesser Fritillary (Boloria
> titania grandis) which I did find at several locations 60 miles north of
> Quebec City and further, in the taiga forest...
>
> This area is less than a 3 hour drive from northern VT, and is really
> worth the travel...
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Me

PS When my wife and I were up there in late June, there were caribou
reportedly along Rt. 175 about 50 miles north of Quebec City...We didn't see
them (they must have moved on by the time we got up there), but the point is
obviously...