VTBIRD Archives

September 2004

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
connie zack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:35:08 -0400
Several sightings but late postings.

We also saw the Great Egret on the river in Montpeliere while having
lunch at Finkerman's.

A Great Blue Heron was fishing on a very small pond on RT 100 south of
Stowe on the East side at the turn to Moscow.

Perhaps worth mentioning was a non-bird sighting we had at dusk in the
field behind our home on Cobb Hill in Moretown.  It was a white skunk
with just a little black on it's tail and head.  This was a first for
us!  Before getting the binocs, I thought it was a large white bird as
when the tail moved it looked like a wing.

Happy Birding!  Connie Zack