]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BLOGGING Home

BLOGGING  October 2004

BLOGGING October 2004

Re: Help with discussions on pwmartin.blog.uvm.edu/086

Justin Henry <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:15:32 -0400

Hi Paul,

When we set the templates up, the template files for the discussion and
assignment areas were missing.  To that effect, we just copied the
"outline" (schedule) template over for use with the assignments,
discussions, etc. pages.

That said, I just went in and updated the "Discussions" template, making
the template tags point to "Individual" archives instead of "aily"
archives, so that the tags now read like this:

        <MTEntries category="discussions" sort_order="ascend">

archive_type="Individual"$>"><$MTEntryTitle$></a></p>

        </MTEntries>

...where archive_type had been set to "Daily".  This can similarily be
done for the "Resources" template.  In the case of the discussions page,
you might also consider adding an excerpt for each posting, using the tag:

        <$MTEntryExcerpt convert_breaks="1"$>

More template tags are available in the documentation:

        http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mtmanual_tags.html

I also set the title for the discussions page to be "Course Discussions"
instead of "Course Assignments".

-Justin

--
Justin Henry