To whom it may concern,
I am looking at options for student software/hardware to support the
music curriculum at the K-5 level. At grades 6-8 we use midi keyboards,
computers, and Sibelius composition software. If you are using
technology in your music curriculum anywhere in the K-5 grades I would
appreciate information on the following questions.
1. Is it used as an enrichment program or do all students
2. Does it include music keyboards and midi or is it just
3. Type/name of software?
4. Was the hardware/software acquired through grant participation
(e.g., MIDI project) or supported through local funds?
5. What are the curricular application(s) of software (e.g., skill
development - improvising,composition; performance - pitch, rhythm,
playing instruments; or concepts/vocabulary - reading and notating
6. Do the curricular applications change as you change grades (e.g.,
composition at grade 2, reading music at grade 4)?
L. Paul Irish
Director of Information Technology
Burlington School District
150 Colchester Ave.
Burlington, VT, 05401
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]