LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  December 2004

FSCP-SIG December 2004

Comments to the U.S. Dept. of Education

Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG

Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:01:56 -0500

Dear Members of the Family School Community Partnership,

As a member of the U.S. Department of Education's Mid Atlantic Regional
Advisory Committee, I want to inform you about an opportunity to strengthen
the capacity of state and local educational agencies to improve schools in
our region.  Our Regional Advisory Committee (RAC), one of ten established
by the U.S. Secretary of Education, is charged with conducting an assessment
of technical assistance needs of states, districts, schools, and other
education stakeholders in this region.  In March, the committee will submit
a report to the Secretary that will help the U.S. Department of Education
establish funding priorities for a set of new regional technical assistance
centers.

The Department is requesting your comments and input regarding the technical
assistance needs of educators to implement the goals of the No Child Left
Behind Act (NCLB). You and your colleagues can actively participate and
provide input to this process by registering on the RAC Web site at
http://www.rac-ed.org <http://www.rac-ed.org/>  and posting your comments in
the public discussion area.  Registration will automatically subscribe you
to our E-bulletins that provide updates on regional information and
notification of regional events. If you do not wish to register, you may
provide input on education and technical assistance needs by email to
[log in to unmask],  (Subject Header: Mid Atlantic Comments) or by mail to:

Mid Atlantic RAC Support
ATTN:  Dr. Arthur Sheekey
The CNA Corporation
4825 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA  22311-1850

Members of the Committee are planning to conduct additional meetings,
teleconferences, and online discussion groups with various education
stakeholder groups, including educators, parents, and the business
community.  We will have three public meetings during which committee
members from across the region will deliberate on what is important in the
Mid Atlantic Region-a region that includes Delaware, the District of
Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.  The dates for the meetings
are on the RAC Web site in the Mid Atlantic Region Activities and Events
link (www.rac-ed.org
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Adams\My%20Documents\U.S.%20Departmen
t%20of%20Education\www.rac-ed.org> ).   I hope you will take the time to get
involved in this important process.  Please visit the Web site at
www.rac-ed.org
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Adams\My%20Documents\U.S.%20Departmen
t%20of%20Education\www.rac-ed.org>  to stay up-to-date on the status of the
needs assessment project in your region.  This is a wonderful opportunity to
voice your concerns to the U.S. Department of Education about the technical
assistance needs of states and local school districts.

If you have any questions regarding the RAC project, please contact the RAC
Support Office at The CNA Corporation: [log in to unmask] (Subject Header: Mid
Atlantic Comments).

Thank you,

Bill Adams

RAC COMMITTEE MEMBER

William R. Adams Jr., Ph.D., P.G., P.E.
394 Burton Avenue
Washington, Pennsylvania 15301
724/225-8305 home
724/747-2493 home cell phone
412-292-9345 - office cell -- Nextel Direct Connect 58254
412/429-4919 office

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/BillAdams/

"What does this mean for us? When that little kid comes to us on the first
day of kindergarten, we need to promise that every single year, there will
be a full educational program. And that decisions will be based on solid
research. And that the most important consideration will be what is good for
kids. We have to keep the promise." - Joan Schmidt

"Energy & persistence conquer all things." - Benjamin Franklin

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change
the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Meade

"Great works are performed, not by strength, but perseverance" - Samuel
Johnson

Develop Persistence.
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.