Blogging at UVM

Justin Henry <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:43:22 -0500

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Mike Austin wrote:

> CIT has purchased a full site license for MT.

Excellent news!

> The weblog creation scripts are at a stage where we can create a blog in
> about 2 seconds now.  It's not yet "self service" - i.e. people can't hit
> a webpage to request a blog yet.  But once they request one, it can be
> made immediately.  So requests for blogs can be handled very quickly, and
> consistently now.  We'll work on self service in the near future.

Thanks Mike, for all your hard work on this.  Is it configured for NetID
login at this point?

> In the meantime, should we have a website about blogging at UVM,

I can put something together for this.  Are there plans for blog.uvm.edu
or will it need to live somewhere else?

> and setup a way for people to request a weblog?

For now, we can reuse the course request form from www/webct.  It's
pretty much just a mailform, but it does query ldap to  verify the netid
requesting the service.  Am I correct in assuming that you're still
going to be the one handling requests, and that this form should submit
to [log in to unmask]  Is there another method you'd prefer?

That form also automatically adds the requester to the webct-faculty
list.  Is this a model we would want to use here?  I would imagine there
is something in MT's admin area that will allow notification of
downtimes, upgrades, etc. for all users, but do we want to make sure
they are added to something like this list?

-Justin