Re: 2005 : The state of blogging

Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:11:14 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Mike Austin wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Holly B Parker wrote:
>
> > Given this article and the increased interest on campus, what does
> > support for Spring 05 at UVM look like?  Have we purchased a full
> > license for MT?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  We're planning on spending more time on MT mass
> deployment abilities later this month.  There have been several major new
> projects that we've been swamped with the last two months, so writing the
> MT mass deployment scripts hasn't happened.  It should soon.

CIT has purchased a full site license for MT.

The weblog creation scripts are at a stage where we can create a blog in
about 2 seconds now.  It's not yet "self service" - i.e. people can't hit
a webpage to request a blog yet.  But once they request one, it can be
made immediately.  So requests for blogs can be handled very quickly, and
consistently now.  We'll work on self service in the near future.  In the
meantime, should we have a website about blogging at UVM, and setup a way
for people to request a weblog?

mga.