]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

UVMWOMENSSOCCER Home

UVMWOMENSSOCCER  January 2005

UVMWOMENSSOCCER January 2005

UVM and Sheraton Burlington Hotel Sign New Deal

UVM Sports Information <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Womens Soccer Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:37:15 -0500

For Immediate Release
January 13, 2005

UVM and Sheraton Burlington Hotel Sign New Deal

BURLINGTON, Vt. – The University of Vermont Department of Athletics and the
Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center have signed a new three-year,
$112,000, agreement that will continue to enhance the role of the Sheraton in
Catamount athletics.  The two parties signed a similar two-year deal in October
of 2003.

“We are excited to solidify our position as the official hotel sponsor of
Catamount athletics.  We continue to build our relationship with the University
through the University of Vermont Conference Center here at the Sheraton and
now this blockbuster sponsorship agreement to support the Cats,” stated Rob
Burnetti, General Manager of the Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference
Center.  “As neighbors to UVM we can see all that is going on over there simply
by looking out our window.  It is a great place to be.”

The new agreement between the UVM Athletic Department and the Sheraton Hotel and
Conference Center features:

• Continuation of the “Goals for the Future” program, in which the Sheraton
Burlington Hotel and Conference Center donates $100 to the UVM athletic
scholarship fund for every goal the UVM men’s hockey team scores at Gutterson
Fieldhouse.

• Host site for UVM’s Victory Club luncheons

• Signage in the Gutterson/Patrick Gymnasium Athletic Complex, including a
center-ice logo at Gutterson Fieldhouse

• The Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center will continue to be the official
hotel sponsor for Vermont Athletic, which started in 2003.

“We are delighted to partner with the Sheraton Burlington Hotel and University
of Vermont Conference Center, a member of the Starwood Hotels and Resorts. The
Sheraton has enjoyed a long history of sponsorship with The University of
Vermont and this new agreement takes that support to a new level. Our campus
will continue to strive to produce the very best programs for students and the
Sheraton understands that objective,” said Chris McCabe, UVM’s assistant vice
president for marketing and business development.

--30--

Lisa Champagne
Assistant Director Athletic Communications
University of Vermont
226 Patrick Gym
Burlington, VT 05405
P: 802/656-1818