Re: scanning propaganda

"Alyssa C. Todd" <[log in to unmask]>

Policy Project <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:14:58 -0400

Hey Mollie,
I did end up finding it, the envelope had someone elses name on the other side
of it and thats how i got confused.
I don't really have any suggestions for getting info out of kym.  Maybe for a
historical overview we could talk more about the history of the Baird center
(??) if it is really necessary.  Or maybe we could contact Betsey - am i right
in understanding she founded this program?  Perhaps you could ask her for
percentages of how much of their budget comes from each funding source (ie -
40% from the schools, 30% from the state or something of that sort)  then we
dont know how much money is being spent but we have an idea of where it is
coming from.

Nancy - I am struggling with sources aswell.  i am going to list the baird
program description as a source, but other then that i am not sure yet.  i am
struggling with the connectino between the ADHD and the program as well.  i
think i may not focus on the ADHD at all and only plug it into the paper when i
feel it fits nicely.  Since we'll have the chance to re-write it hopefully if i
don't do a good enough job Suzy will give me pointers on how to fix it.
Perhaps this is a big assumption on my part, but i assumed from what Kym said
is that if parents chose to not use drugs the social worker assists the
teachers and staff in understanding the childs needs and how they can be
addressed with out meds (the understanding and assisting is mentioned in the
program description).  This whole paper would be much easier for me if i could
forget about the ADHD, and the 12 sources, and just write about the program.  I
have only done the 2nd & 3rd 'steps' of the paper, but if i figure out more as
i go along tonight i will e-mail it out to everyone.

Alyssa