Font:

LISTSERV Archives

POLICYPROJECT Home

POLICYPROJECT  April 2005

POLICYPROJECT April 2005

Mollie's PP Slides

Mollie Beth Moriarty <[log in to unmask]>

Policy Project <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:25:01 -0400

hi all,
let me know if a slide is too 'wordy'.  I'll be giving more detail of the slides
in the presentation.
I work tonight so I won't see any comments until tomorrow.

Mollie.

The Baird School Services Program: The Importance to Social Workers

Slide 1:
The School Services Program is an optional contract to provide social workers to
schools in Chitteden county; pre-school through 12.  The program provides
clinical and mental health counseling, consultation and professional case
management.  In addition, the social worker serves as a liaison between the
mental health community and the school through services outside of the school.

Slide 2:
School Services program is based on the philosophy of eraly detection, early
intervention, and prevention with children and families in the community.  A
refferal process is used to identify students who need services.

Slide 3:
An important role of a school social worker is to facilitate the education of
clients, families, school personnel and community members about mental health
issues in order to diminsih the labeling and marginalization that can occur as
a result of accessing mental health services.

Slide 4:
The School Service Program highlights why every school should have a social
worker as part of the permanant educational team and not only through optional
contracts.