ivory-billed woodpecker links

Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:38:57 -0400

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Very exciting news! I'm sure many of you have already heard, the
Ivory-billed Woodpecker indeed lives! Perhaps one of the most exciting
discoveries in our lifetime! Here are some links...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4622633

Cornell that they will have a website up by mid-day on the whole deal,
check in: http://www.birds.cornell.edu/

In the meantime, you can check out details about the search project that
was initiated in 2002. This link includes the only audio recording of
ivory-billed (from 1935):

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ivory/#here

To see If you want to see what the bottomland forests where they found it
are like, go to this site and check video out at bottom -
http://whiteriver.fws.gov/home.htm

Rosalind Renfrew, PhD
Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas
Department of Conservation Biology