]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  May 2005, Week 4

MEDLIB-L May 2005, Week 4

Re: REPLY (long): Lippincott, Ovid, and the American Hear t Associatio n Journals

Patti Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 May 2005 08:56:26 -0400

I am sending this back to Medlib because I do not quite understand the
following comments, in particular, " We don't have to directly pay for the
Ovid access, as it is a taxpayer funded initiatve". I wonder if someone
could clarify this.  Thanks so much

"8.  We have access to all the AHA journals through the LWW Total
Collection, which we have as part of a state-wide academic consortium.
However, our users were vehement in their dislike of the Ovid journal
formatting that we decided to pay for the HighWire access in addition to
Ovid.  We don't have to directly pay for the Ovid access, as it is a
taxpayer funded initiatve."