Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ISOGEOCHEM Home

ISOGEOCHEM  June 2005

ISOGEOCHEM June 2005

Re: Isoprime advice requested

"Georges L. Paradis" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:11:25 -0700

Hi David,

The actual chronology was 0.07, 0.22, 0.12, and lastly 0.09 (1 sd, d18O).
The first two runs were actual sample runs and nothing was changed (same
needle, prep line, etc.).  The last two runs were standards only, each run
using a different needle (needle #2 and needle #3).

The ion gauge reads the same on both sides of the inlet.

I'll check the water background as you recommended.

Acid in the line is a good possibility.  If needle #1 (first two runs above)
was leaking acid, it may have contaminated the line downstream affecting
subsequent runs.  The weld at the sharp tip end of needle #1 looks good, but
the weld at the blunt end shows gaps between the two tubes.

Thanks for your help,
Georges