Re: Howto: Add links to your MT Sidebar

Rob Maurizi <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:23:21 -0400

I do it a little differently:

I use a .js (javascript) file that contains a list of links and a
function to output the list. My template pages link to the .js file
in the header, and the function gets called where I want the links to
appear.

The big advantage to this is that I don't have to rebuild when I add/
change links. I can just update the js file and the templates display
the new list because it's generated at runtime.

If anyone wants a copy of my JS file and a how-to to add it to their
blog, let me know and I'll send it along.

-Rob

--

Rob Maurizi
Web Developer / Flash Developer

Center for Teaching & Learning
University of Vermont

http://rmaurizi.blog.uvm.edu/

"Trying to make everyone happy makes no one happy"