]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

UVMWOMENSSOCCER Home

UVMWOMENSSOCCER  August 2005

UVMWOMENSSOCCER August 2005

Allison Shepherd Named Head Athletic Trainer at Vermont

UVM Sports Information <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Womens Soccer Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:09:43 -0400

August 2, 2005

Shepherd Named Head Athletic Trainer at Vermont

BURLINGTON, Vt. – Allison Shepherd has been selected as the Head Athletic
Trainer at the University of Vermont.  Dr. Jon Porter, University Team
Physician and Medical Director of the University of Vermont Center for Health
and Wellbeing, made the announcement today.

Shepherd will oversee the athletic medicine department at Vermont, including
supervising seven full-time athletic trainers and three part-time staff
members.  Shepherd will be responsible for the athletic medicine needs of the
Vermont men’s basketball team in 2005-06.

“I’m delighted that Allison has joined us as Head Athletic Trainer at the
University,” stated Dr. Porter.  “These are exciting times for UVM athletics,
and we’re fortunate to have someone who brings such a wonderful combination of
intelligence, energy and experience to this post.  Her skills and leadership
will insure that our student-athletes continue to receive outstanding care as
they represent the University on the field of competition.”

“I am very excited for this opportunity to become the Head Athletic Trainer at
the University of Vermont.  It is a great time to be a Catamount,” said
Shepherd.  “I have a great staff of athletic trainers to work with and a very
supportive athletic department.  I look forward to working closely with these
individuals in order to provide the best medical care possible to our
student-athletes.”

Shepherd comes to Vermont after six years as an assistant athletic trainer at
the University of Oregon.  While at Oregon, she was responsible for the medical
services for the lacrosse, wrestling, basketball, track and field and cheer
squads.  She also assisted with the coverage of the football program.  Shepherd
also served as the organizer and director of medical services for the Pac-10
Track and Field and Women’s Basketball Championships, as well as the USA Track
and Field Championships that were hosted by the Ducks.

She also spent four years at Whittier College (Whittier, California), including
two as the head athletic trainer.  As the head athletic trainer at Whittier,
Shepherd was responsible for the management and supervision of all activities
in the athletic training room for 21 intercollegiate athletic teams.  Shepherd
also taught classes in the physical education department at Whittier during her
tenure.

--30--

--
Vermont Athletic Communications