first week of practice

Kirsten Lee Bonson <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:29:17 -0400

Hi everyone,

First: thanks to those of you who came to our first meeting! I enjoyed meeting
those of you who are new members as well as seeing some familiar faces.

Here's the plan: as far as I know, there are only two of you who can't make the
actual club practice time (Thurs. from 4 - 5), but both of you have had
previous aikido experience so you are welcome to join the mixed class on Tues.
from 6:45 - 8 (I double checked this with Sensei and he says it's ok as long as
you check in with him first).

For the rest of you: the first club practice is THIS THURSDAY from 4 - 5. This
week, we will be meeting in front of the Royal Tyler Theater at 3:30 and walk
down the hill together. We'll hopefully have a car in the future (it's looking
like I'll have to buy a parking pass for other reasons, so if no one else has a
car, I can carpool) so please hang in there.

If you know where the dojo is and would rather ride a bike (or catch a shuttle),
we'll meet you there. If others would like to go on their own, directions to
the dojo can be found at www.aikidovt.org. Please try to arrive 10-15 minutes
early, especially since this is the first class. It will give you time to
change clothes and get organized.

Also, for those of you who have a 5 o'clock or 5:30 class, the dojo has three
bathrooms (one in the women's changing room) and a shower as well as a small
kitchen and fridge. If you happen to get really sweaty, you can take a shower
and if you're like me and starve during evening classes, you can stash food in
the fridge for after practice. If you need to leave early regularly (I've had
to do so in the past to make 5 o'clock classes), please let Sensei know. You
can either email him before class or catch him before practice.

I hope to see you all on Thursday and please write me back if you have any
questions,

   ~Kirsten