]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BLOGGING Home

BLOGGING  November 2005

BLOGGING November 2005

Re: Mystery of Gossipy Blog on the Judiciary Is Solved

Geoffrey Duke <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:31:53 -0500

=======
Judge Posner, who contributes to a blog, said government employees
should be free to blog.

"If he does it on his own time and does not compromise his official
duties in some way, I don't see the problem," the judge said in an e-
mail message. "We have free speech too, don't we?

"If Lat appears before judges whom he's made fun of in his blog or
who may be offended by the blog (the humorless judges), then there
might be a problem, though only a problem if he is 'outed' - and he
outed himself!"
=======

You have a right to free speech but not to anonymous free speech. You don't
have a right to be insulated from any response or reaction to your speech.

And if he put himself in an uncomfortable position because of something he
has said... in the parenting world, we call that a consequence.

--Geoff