Re: Question on Tracking Blog Hits

Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:50:38 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Justin Henry wrote:

> I don't know if there is software currently installed on the blog server
> that will track and display visits in the manner you are looking for, or
> what it might take to get something like that set up (but perhaps
> someone else here does?).

Since webalizer was already on the system, I decided to give that a try.
At some point, we can probably just setup web analysis for all blogs when
they are created (and all existing ones too).  For now, to see if this is
the right tool, I'd like to just enable it for a few testers.

Check out what it shows at http://blog.uvm.edu/usage/ for the "main" blog
site usage report.

If anyone else wants it setup on their site for testing, please let me
know.

mga.