Re: Your new UVM Weblog.

Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:06:24 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Jon D. Erickson wrote:

> Thanks for setting up my blog.  I should have requested this, but is
> there anyway that I could have a URL that isn't so clumsy and hard for
> other people to remember.  Perhaps "erickson.blog.uvm.edu"  or
> "jon.blog.uvm.edu".  If this is possible, can you let me know and we can
> get rid of "jdericks.blog.uvm.edu".

First, you replied to a mailing list with your blog password in the
message.  Please change it right away if you haven't already.

Right now, blog URLs are tied to your UVM netid, as is your UVM webspace
(uvm.edu/~netid).  We've had some discussions about changing that, but for
now we're going to leave it the same as your netid.  Hopefully this isn't
too much of an inconvenience for you.

mga.