VTBIRD Archives

January 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Heather Forcier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:26:26 -0500
A few weeks ago I attempted to photograph the Greater White-fronted Goose
but my camera's auto focus was malfunctioning.  Tonight I did locate one
photo that can at least be used for ID purposes and put it on my site here:

http://www.hforcier.com/galleries/vermont/gwfgoose0125.htm

(Note that this goose and the surrounding Canada Geese had just flown in
from somewhere evidently quite muddy - this goose's bill color appears
duller due to the dried mud.)

Walter and Nancy, thanks for the additional insight on the goose hybrid,
it is sincerely appreciated!

www.heatherforcier.com
Heather Forcier
Burlington, VT