VTBIRD Archives

January 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bruce MacPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:07:01 EST
Well, actually I spotted a single northern shrike in a tree across the  road
from the Shelburne Bay fishing access. Obligingly, the bird flew across the
road toward me and landed atop the tallest pine tree next to the  parking lot,
affording an excellent close up view. This was my first  definite northern
shrike after several maybes. I'm psyched-or perhaps  shriked.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington