VTBIRD Archives

January 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:41:43 -0500
While you all are hosting Purple Finches, Bohemian Waxwings, redpolls and the like, I was receiving birds I rarely ever get at my feeders: 7 Brown-headed Cowbirds, 2 E. Starlings, and 8 House Sparrows. The Red-bellied Woodpecker (that has a really red belly!) almost makes up for my less affable guests. Also had a pair of Mallards and a pair of Black Ducks when the pond ice thawed but the minus temperatures soon brought back the ice. I'm keeping my New Year's Resolution to use E-bird. It is darn easy to use.
Bonnie Dundas