Free Mat Practice

Kirsten Lee Bonson <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:16:12 -0500

Hi guys,

I'd like to clarify a few things about our planned free mat practice
time tomorrow. First, it is NOT supposed to be a substitute for the
taught class that the club had previously. Unfortunately, because of a
lack of membership, we decided that we should not take up Sensei's and
the dojo's time by reserving a class for only a few people. Therefore,
those who wish to continue practicing Aikido (which I hope will be all
of you) need to become a member of the dojo.

Now, we are working on a way for the club to use the funds available
for us this year to help support you in your dojo dues for the rest of
this semester and get you going. The details haven't quite been worked
out yet, but everything should be in motion in a week or so.

Also, while the club has formally disbanded, we are not dissolved
entirely. After talking last week, we decided that we would still like
to practice with one another since we don't get a chance to see each
other outside of Aikido practice. Therefore, we thought we'd try to
meet up during the free mat practice time tomorrow from 4 - 5. This
time would be used to work on anything we'd like, from rolling to
testing techniques.

However, because we are using the dojo mat space, all those who wish to
join us MUST be dojo members themselves. I'm sorry if I didn't mention
this before. Most of the club members have already joined the dojo, but
I forgot to consider those who haven't.

Sorry for the long email, but I want to make everything clear. If you
have any questions, please feel free to email me anytime. Hope your
week is going well and that I'll see you all soon!

  ~Kirsten
P.S. I will have a car tomorrow, so if anyone would like a ride down to
the dojo, please email me. There are several people who I've given
rides to in the past that live on Redstone like me, so unless I hear
otherwise I won't bother driving up to campus. Thanks!