]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VBBA Home

VBBA  March 2006

VBBA March 2006

Can anyone document these birds on GMNF?

Ernie Buford <[log in to unmask]>

Ernie Buford <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:25:38 -0500

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Hi Atlasers,

While birding is slow and weather is good for looking
at field notes, I have a question:

Do any of you have recent documentation (breeding status)
of the following species on National Forest land in Vermont?

Black-backed Woodpecker
Killdeer
Green Heron
Cooper's Hawk
Virginia Rail
Willow Flycatcher
Lincoln's Sparrow

I'm skeptical about the current status of a few of those species
that USFS indicates as present on the forest, and I would like
to confirm a few species missing from the GMNF list that I
expect are present (Killdeer, Cooper's Hawk, Willow Flycatcher).
Has anyone observed any of these species on GMNF within safe dates?
If so, please indicate the status (PO/PR/CO).

Thanks for any leads, and happy atlas-strategizing to you,
Ernie

 Ernest W. Buford
 Rubenstein School of Environment
   and Natural Resources