BLOGGING April 2006

Hope Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Blogging <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:44:49 -0400

Linda M. Glenn wrote:

> I set up Food for Thought: The Bioethics Cafe, which is visible on the
> UVM blogosphere, at the bioethics.blog.uvm.edu address -- but then I get
> a message that no blog is configured at that address.
>
> Does anyone know how I get bioethics.blog.uvm.edu set up?
>
> Is there any live person to talk to about this? This is a bit like
> sending a message in bottle and hoping somebody answers it.

Hi Linda -

The first step in this process is not at all intuitive! Once you have
the blog established you have to actually create a post before your blog
will become visible to the world. Once that post is created and
published to your blog you will be able to see it. So, go to
http://bioethics.blog.uvm.edu/mt/mt.cgi (your blog's administration
page). Login when asked to do so. Once you reach your blog's admin page,
click on "Create a New Entry on the weblog" (for the appropriate blog,
if you have more than on listed). C
When creating the post, don't forget to check and makre sure the
drop-down box for Post Status says "Publish" not "Draft" before you
clisk the Save button.

- Hope

[log in to unmask], Academic Computing, Universtiy of Vermont