Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

EARTHWEEK Home

EARTHWEEK  April 2006

EARTHWEEK April 2006

The Parade

Christine Marie Brissette <[log in to unmask]>

Christine Marie Brissette <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:45:18 -0400

Hey Planeteers,
Here's The Parade e-mail. It would be great if you could forward this
to all of the listserves you're on (especially the green/brown-minded
or acrobatically inclined). Don't forget to delete this part of the
message and make sure the listserve hasn't already been hit. Thanks!
Christine

Hello all,

Earth Day is coming up soon and the group of us coordinating The Parade
want as many clubs/organizations/individuals as possible represented
and involved in celebrating! We're hoping to gather people to make
costumes, masks, banners - whatever you want - for a fantastic march
through campus on Friday, April 21st.

Our hope is that those of you involved with a club/organization can
create some sort of message dealing with environmentalism and social
responsibility that?s representative of your work. It could be a sign,
a mascot . . . the options are wide open for your expression. It's an
opportunity for you to share your purpose with the UVM community in a
creative, colorful and energetic show of Earth lovin.

We already have big plans for the parade including music, stilts and
whole lotta paper mache. We even have a group that works with Bread and
Puppet (The Puppetistas) coming to do a puppet-making workshop with us
a week before the show (this will be open to anyone who wants to come).

No matter how you want to be involved, we?d love for you to come to our
next meeting THIS WEDNESDAY, April 5th at 4:30 in SOUTHWICK, right
outside of the recital hall. Hope to see you there!

Questions? E-mail Christine: [log in to unmask]