]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

EARTHWEEK Home

EARTHWEEK  April 2006

EARTHWEEK April 2006

Fwd: Common Ground (of NOLA's 9th ward) & UVM

"Caroline Doyle. Donnellan" <[log in to unmask]>

Caroline Doyle. Donnellan

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:21:10 -0400

Hey y'all, great job on Earth Week. I am wondering if anyone's clubs
have extra money they would like to donate to a really great cause-
Common Ground Collective. They work cleaning up the 9th ward of NOLA
and are coming here on tour (see below). I know SFPGJ is broke, but if
any other clubs have money to spare at the end of the semester, Common
Ground is a great place to put that money. E-mail me back if you do
have something to spare.

Hi UVM students,

Common Ground is sending a 9th ward resident and one of our long term
organizers, Emily Posner, on a tour of New England in about a week. They
will talk about Common Ground and the New Orleans relief effort. They will
also help develop interest in the Student Solidarity Network. The catalyst
for the tour is the necessity to raise funds for a desperately needed water
truck for emergency preparedness and 9th ward residents, which will cost
between $20,000 and $30,000.

> From our own recent experiences in college, we have a possible solution for
raising the needed funds: check around with various clubs on campus--social
and environmental justice, or just about anything else. Anyone who has
leftover money in their annual budget can chip in to pay for Emily and the
resident to come through. We also have dvds, t-shirts, and posters for sale.
We are hoping for $1000 per school, if possible.

You all are surely busy with end of semester requirements, but please
consider and respond to this email. Water is a basic need of humanity and if
Common Ground doesn't have a water truck for the 9th ward this summer, there
will not be one. The speakers will be passing through Burlington around
5/6/06.

I spent the last half decade in VT and miss it dearly. The weather is surely
exquisite there at the momet. Enjoy if for me--its already grossly hot and
humid here in NOLA.

Take care. Sincerely,

Benjy Adler
Student Solidarity Network Coordinator
Common Ground Relief
802-598-3028

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"He who bravely dares must sometimes risk a fall."
And I just lost the game.