IMPORTANT ATLAS ANNOUNCEMENT

Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:09:08 -0400

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Dear Atlassers,

This is extremely important!! Please read!!

Please check the species tally in the database results section for ANY
blocks you've completed so far.

If you included species with an "O" code (observed, noted as OB in the
database) in your total species count, the "official" number of species in
your block may be lower than you think, and this could mean that you do not
have the 75 species minimum to complete the block. The database no longer
includes species coded with "O" as part of your count (and never should have).

Please check your completed blocks. If this affects any of your bocks, I
hope you will be short only by a couple of species, and will only need to
upgrade them to a PO this year or find a couple of other species to replace
these. Please let me know if you have concerns or do not think you can get
back to a block that was affected by this change.

Vast apologies to anyone this might inconvenience!

Your humble Director with tail firmly planted between legs,
Rosalind

Rosalind Renfrew, PhD
Director, Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas
Department of Conservation Biology