VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 11:24:32 -0400
I was able to get a picture of the Cattle Egret yesterday. Unfortunately when I saw it, it was on the NY side of the border -YARDS from Vermont!
It was at the Emmons farm on Emmons Road (mostly in Vermont) in North Bennington.
This morning an oriole, a kingfisher, a Broad-winged Hawk, and a White-crowned Sparrow new to the yard this year. The Red-bellied Woodpecker continues to come in to the suet.
A possible tanager flew overhead, but I couldn't ID it definitely.
Bonnie Dundas
Bennington