VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Marcia Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:05:11 EDT
I was startled at 8:30 a.m. today while driving East on Rte. 44 in
Brownsville to have an American Bittern go strolling across in front of  me.  Luckily
for the bird,  it was a birder at the wheel with no  vehicles behind her.  I
stopped while it meandered across into the grassy  field.  No rushes in sight on
either side of the road.  What a strange  morning treat, like the sunshine
above.!

Marcia