VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mundi Smithers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 20:14:51 -0400
I am sad to report the loss of the four Bluebird nestlings.  After a
couple of days of little activity I opened the box to find one dead
nestling.    I can only assume that the #%*&@#* House Sparrows
vandalized the nest box.  I am more determined than ever to learn how to
shoot a gun filled with bird shot!!!!!  Of course I'll have to purchase
'said' gun first!!!!

Thanks for the info about the Cornell Bluebird list.  Unfortunately the
list doesn't have a TITLE so when a message hits my screen and I don't
recognize the name of he sender I delete it as spam. :o{

Mundi